You can’t check every bit of dirt that enters daily in your home; however, you can take some measures to keep some of the grime, dirt and dirt from getting tracked indoors. Placing doormats at entry ways is a good option.
While doormats can keep a lot of dirt at bay, it’s important to routinely clean and mop your floors. Proper maintenance of your vinyl flooring can increase the life span of your floors and add beauty to your home.
Different types of treatments for different types of flooring
Latest technical innovation and easily available surface treatments makes it quite easy to take care of the floorings. You should go for that treatment that is good for the floors of your home. For vinyl flooring, a simple wipe with a damp cloth, warm water and a neutral detergent or vacuuming or sweeping with a soft brush, can clean the floor. For laminate, vacuum or wipe with a dry mop to brush off the dirt and dust. You can also wipe the floor once in few weeks with a mop sprayed lightly with a laminate cleaning liquid. Wipe the surface with a dry mop to give it a clean and shiny look. Avoid using wet mops for laminates. For wooden flooring, a quick wipe with a buffing cloth or even regular sweeping with a broom is god enough. At regular intervals, you can also clean with a damp (not wet) cloth and some wood cleaning products. Best acoustic flooring can be cleaned with a damp mop sprayed with normal floor cleaner.
Choose the proper cleaning agents
You should use the cleaning agents designed specifically for different types of tactile indicators and follow the instructions that come with them, very carefully. Attach felt or plastic pads to the feet of all furniture to move and prevent scratches dents, and marks. Remember to keep the pads clean and if damaged, replace them with new ones.
Factors you should remember to ensure proper care of the floors of your home
• Lifting rather than sliding heavy pieces of furniture protects the flooring.
• You should also try to restrict the overuse of cleaning chemicals, wax or polish.
• Easily available at home-vinegar, baking soda or even laundry detergent can work wonders for the flooring. Avoid using mats with rubber or other dense material that traps abrasive moisture and dirt.
• Maintaining adequate humidity and lighting levels is important to maintain the finish of flooring.
• Ensure regular vacuuming of your carpet (at least once a week) to remove debris and dirt.
• The doormats receive maximum foot traffic, so they must be cleaned routinely by shaking, vacuuming or laundering them, whenever possible.